Deputy Chair, Professor
Ph.D. Anthropology, Yale University
Email : email@example.com
|JASP 4601/4602||Field Research-Based Project I/II, Course Coordinator|
|JASP 1050||Field Research Methods|
|JASP 4110||Anthropological Studies of Japanese Culture|
|JASP 5001||Theory and Research Methods in Japanese Studies|
- Women and Gender Issues in Japan, Hong Kong and Shanghai
- Marriage and Life Choices
- Volunteerism and Civic Sphere in Japan
- Images of Fashion, Body and Beauty in Hong Kong and Japan
Current Research Projects
- Single Women in Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Tokyo
- Volunteerism in Japan
- Special Education in Japan
- 2017 “Happiness and Unconventional Life Choices: Views of Single Women in Japan.” In Wolfram Manzenreiter and Barbara Holthus (ed.) New York and London: Routledge.
- 2016 “Marriage and Reproduction in East Asian Cities: Views from Single Women in Shanghai, Tokyo, and Hong Kong.” In Tiantian Zheng (ed.) Cultural Politics of Gender and Sexuality in Contemporary Asia. Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press.
- 2016 “Single Women and the Transition to Marriage in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo.” Asian Journal of Social Science. 44:363-390.
- 2015 “Single Women and Cosmopolitan Re-Imaginings of Gendered Citizenship in Shanghai, Hong Kong and Tokyo.” In Yasemin Nuhoglu Soysal (ed.) Transnational Trajectories of East Asia: Nation, Citizenship, and Region. New York: Routledge. Pp. 157-179.
- 2014 “Single Women in Marriage and Employment Markets.” In Kawano Satsuki, Glenda Roberts and Susan Long (eds.) Capturing Contemporary Japan. University of Hawaii Press. Pp. 163-182.
- 2011 “Working and Waiting for an ‘Appropriate Person’: How Single Women Support and Resist Family in Japan” In Alexy, Allison and Richard Ronald (eds.) Home and Family in Japan: Continuity and Transformation. New York and London: Routledge. Pp.131-151.
- 2005 “Community Volunteers in Japan: Everyday Stories of Social Change.” London and New York: RoutledgeCurzon.